Almost all projects require building regulations approval. There are two methods to achieve building control approval under the Building Regulations Act



This method Is the simplest but is only appropriate for alterations or extensions to residential buildings. You would require a little more detail adding to your planning approved drawings for this. To do this the builder completes a Building Notice form and submits it to your Local authority Building Control Department or an independent building control company. Once the build starts, a Building Control Officer will visit the site and make arrangements with the builder to visit at specific points through the progress of the works to check that the works are up to the minimum standard that the regulations required. When work is finished,

you will be issued with a certificate.



This method of application requires the submission of more detailed drawings. It is suitable for new build houses and larger projects. Urbane design will advise in consultation with the builder of the preferred route at the time. We can also assist with listed building consents, landlords consent and party wall act notices.

Building Notice Method

Full Plans Method

bedroom membership_display3